thefleet...
Main The Fleet Ships of The Fleet  CALEDONIA (II)

 CALEDONIA (II)

Gaelic Name: N/A
 SHIPS LINKS:

HISTORY
SHIPS CREW
 USUAL ROUTE:
Craigendoran - Round Bute / Arran Cruise (CSP)
 
 Picture: On the Clyde with a A.B.C ferry behind, Conway MacCulloch
 DETAILS
Type: Steel PS
Callsign: 
IMO: 
MMSI: 
Built: 1934
Launched: 2/1/1934
Acquired: 
Entered Service: 
Disposed: 1970
Ordered By: Caledonian Steam Packet Co.
Cost: 
Registered: Glasgow
Launched by: Mrs Harris (wife to LMS Chief Marine Superintendent
Named after: Reviving the name of the 1889 paddle-steamer which had been the very first ship built for James Williamson's new Caledonian Steam Packet Co.
 DIMENSIONS
Length: 223.6'
Draught: 10.3'
Breadth: 30.1'
Gross tonnage: 623
 CAPACITIES
Passengers: 1730
Cars: 0
Crew: 
Lifeboats (Number of): 
 TECHNICAL
Builders: Wm. Denny & Bros. Ltd, Dumbarton
Yard No: 1266
Engine Builders: Wm. Denny & Bros. Ltd, Dumbarton
Machinery: Triple expansion diagional (TD), 3 cyl. 20, 31 & 50 x 60. New boilers 1955
Speed: 17 kts
Hoist & Lifts: 
 FACILITIES

Key to Symbols
 REMARKS

 ROUTE TIMELINE
Sorry, Not Compiled Yet. Please Check our FACEBOOK Page for Inclusion.


All material on this site Ships of CalMac 2001 - 2013, unless otherwise stated.
Join us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Join us on Flickr View us on YouTube SoC AIS SoC Forum Site NOT linked to Official Company
This site is NOT connected to the Official Company Site - www.calmac.co.uk
Contact Us
Read our Privacy Policy